Expatriation Programme - Support Your Staff and their Families
The challenging corporate scenario today makes it a compulsion for successful organisations to shuffle their staff to intensify their presence as well as break multi-million deals abroad. For this very task, the best of the staff is sent abroad in an alien country to ‘Make it Big’ on the global front. Assuming that what works at home should work abroad is an assumption more harmful than favorable. The very skill set that produced wonders for your staff could lead to disastrous results due to cultural differences and various other factors. Adding to this, moving – long or short term – to an unknown country can produce huge difficulties for the family of Expats leading to massive personal stress.
In order to save valuable amount of time, money and effort; it is very necessary for the selected candidate to acquire a certain skill set that will come most handy while dealing with “Cultural Shock” in a foreign country. This is easier said than done and requires expert coaching and training.
We at Crossroads Global pride ourselves with having a customisable Expat Courses aimed at the modern day expat who has to deal with various stresses and uncertainty.
Expatriation Programmes - WHY?
It is a known fact that companies spend large amount of resources on training Expats. The benefits of such training easily overshadow the challenges. Listed below are some of the advantages:
- An employee will make drastic progression in career if he/she carries out the international assignment successfully.
- International assignments are accompanied with rich packages and rewards as compensations.
- Exposure to family and kids in a new world and living a new dimension in life.
- A successful international assignment leads to acquiring of a new skill set.
- Provides an opportunity to learn how to work in different environments and therefore enriching the Expats abilities.
Key Benefits of our training sessions and on-going support include
- Developing the right attitude towards a life changing move as in the case of Expatriation.
- One-on-one training benefits in carving out a long term plan for the Expat and family.
- Preparation for “Cultural Shock” and how to deal with it.
- Providing in-depth understanding of the destination country and their culture.
- Motivational support and maximized self-awareness.
- Happier and more productive staff.
Challenges faced by Expats and their Families
- Coming to terms with the destination country’s culture and going through a “Cultural Shock”.
- Change of life plans for the spouse and kids leading to a disturbed personal life and various emotional concerns.
- Risk factor in terms of a failed international assignment.
- Adjusting to the work ethics and environment of the foreign country.
- Demotivation due to new environment leading to loss of clients and hence stunting career growth.
At Crossroads Global we tackle these numerous challenges with our customisable Expatriation Programme which is highly successful and recommended by various international organizations. The Programmes blend practical tools, tips and techniques with challenging exercises and ideas for successful and effective expatriation.
We provide a free consultation meeting to discuss the unique needs of our client and to design training solutions that are specific to our clients’ needs.